Reports to: Area Manager
Position Type/Hours of Work: Full Time
Summary/Objective: The primary responsibilities of this position will include being fully responsible for the construction of the homes within the community, community appearance, liaison between the community sales agent and each customer as it relates to the construction of each home, and budget and schedule management.
- Manage all stages of construction on assigned homes from pre-planning to “Acceptance before Closing” (ABC) and completion of all Service Request List items
- Oversee work accomplished by Trade Partners ensuring compliance with Edward Andrews SCOPES, quality of materials and work, and agreed upon standards of completion
- Ensure assigned homes, work areas, and construction sites are “job ready” allowing Trade Partners to begin work immediately upon arrival with no wait time
- Establish and maintain positive customer relationships
- Conduct Buyer’s Construction Orientations to establish rapport and identify all customer upgrade/customization requests; indicate all changes on the building plans
- Use Customer Touch Points based on construction phase to foster relationships with home buyers; provide updates to buyers and ensure customization requests are met
- Maintain relationships with customers through weekly contact unless otherwise directed
- Accountable for all aspects of financial management and profit margins on assigned homes a. Manage gross margins on all assigned homes according to neighborhood projections. b. Manage estimating forms including VPO, PO, bills, invoices, and other budget accountability tools. d. Reconcile and/or report and justify budget variances of + or – 15% quarterly
- Efficiently and effectively schedule Trade Partners and delivery of materials with a focus on minimizing cycle time, minimizing costs and protecting materials from theft or damage
- Manage Trade Partner and sub-contractor scheduling
- Schedule delivery of materials for “just-in-time” arrival to facilitate Trade Partners based on progress of the home and reduce potential theft or damage
- Reschedule or back charge Trade Partners failing to meet standards of completion
- Meet with Neighborhood Sales Manager weekly to review progress on assigned homes and verify customer requests for plan changes, interior/design requests, and upgrade options
- Update Safety Reports as required following accidents/incidents
- Comply with and enforce international, federal, state, local, and Edward Andrews building code and regulations for all your assigned homes and neighborhoods including but not limited to
- Complete assigned tasks within budget and time constraints
- Attend in-office meetings, collaborate face-to-face with co-workers, and be present and available for other office-related projects or tasks on a punctual, regular, and predictable basis
- Knowledge of established construction and maintenance practices, procedures and techniques as well as applicable local, state and federal building codes
- Familiarity with a wide range of equipment and tools and proficiency in skilled construction, maintenance and repair tasks
- Managerial experience
- Strong communication skills; thorough and attentive to details; able to prioritize and multitask; proactive and deadline-oriented
- Ability to read and understand work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, vendors and employees at all levels of the organization
- Communication – Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, memos, blue prints and floor plans. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Computer – Proficient in using the Internet to research information, as well as MS Outlook, MS Excel, and MS Word
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position may require the supervision of junior Project Managers or Assistant Builders.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise levels in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision.
Travel: No travel is expected for this position
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in building construction or similar field; or
- Three (3) to five (5) years of related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
ADA/EEO Statement: Edward Andrews Homes (EAH) will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can perform the essential functions of this job. EAH an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties or assist with any other projects as requested by the Senior VP or Construction. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
and be sure to include your resume and cover letter.